CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
the tanker driver on PhotoPeach

Try our slideshow creator at Animoto.

Try our slideshow creator at Animoto.

Math-a-thon and butter making slide show

Math-a-thon and butter making on PhotoPeach

blossom bird art

blossom bird art on PhotoPeach

End of Term 2

End of term 2 on PhotoPeach

term 3 cross country

Try our video maker at Animoto.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Famine

We carried buckets of water on our heads. The challenge was to see how much water we had left at the end of the race. The purpose of this was to understand how precious water is, and how difficult transportation of such valuable resources, make everyday a struggle in countries such as Mali.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Room 9
    This is such a great way to learn about saving water by playing water games.
    We have a small group of interested children who are taking part in the famine, so well done! I look forward to hearing how you go.
    Mrs Natusch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi room 9

    I watched a few of you playing this game and thought you were all doing something a bit strange! Now that I have read the post explaining what you were doing this for... I have learnt how hard it must be if you have to carry your family's water from a long way away. We are so lucky to have taps in our houses that we just turn on when we need water!

    From Mrs Paton

    ReplyDelete

Sound wall wisher

Term 2

Term 2 on PhotoPeach